[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Julian and Gregorian Dates in Lipno Records

Rose Ingram roseingram at shaw.ca
Thu Aug 17 10:20:55 PDT 2006

Linda,

The convention was super!

One thing I have learned in the past few years is to be flexible with the
dates. We should be so lucky just to have filmed records available to us.
:-)

I usually use the second date (Gregorian) shown in a specific document as
the event date if double dates are shown. One can always make a notation in
the notes that the date is double dated.
If there is only one date in any record, that is the date I use - there is
no telling what calendar was being used at the time it was recorded.   I
have seen records in the same year where double dates are shown and then
later in the year only one date is written.  Go figure!

Rose Ingram