[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Julian and Gregorian Dates in Lipno

Earl.Schultz Earl.Schultz at telusplanet.net
Thu Aug 17 14:30:48 PDT 2006

Gary & Others,

You made an interesting comment with respect to writing dates as 12/06/1900
and I'm surprised we haven't resolved this matter once and for all.  The
International Standards Association (or whatever they are called) has
accepted the format YYYY/MM/DD or 1900/06/12 (1900 June 12).  Years ago as a
member of the Ontario Genealogical Society I participated in a survey that
resulted in them deciding to write all dates as YYYY/MM/DD.  I believe that
Salt Lake City has also accepted that format.  It does not lead to
misunderstandings (or at least much less chance) and all other time is
written from largest to smallest as in HH:MM:SS (hours/minutes/seconds).  It
is about time all genealogists adopt this format for the sake of accuracy.

Earl Schultz

Message: 5