[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Book - Russia in 1919

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Sun Aug 27 06:59:23 PDT 2006

Hi Gloria.  Thanks for the referral to this book.

I obviously haven't taken the time to read all of it.  Like you, I
read the intro and the first chapter, and then browsed the other
chapter headings.

The book appears to be an observation, news style, of the goings on
of the early Communist government in Russia, primarily in Moscow
where the writer is visiting.

With this cursory overview, I would suggest that it contains little
if any info directly relevant to the plight of the Germans living in
various parts of the then rural Soviet Republic.  It does appear to
contain a reasoned overview of the politics of the day and may
therefore be of interest to general history buffs.  Since I haven't
read it all, I cannot comment on the veracity of it but, as with any
period type history book, it should be read at least in part, with an
understanding of the political leanings of the author and how that
might colour his view of what he is witnessing.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca