[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Book - Russia in 1919

Richard Benert benovich at imt.net
Wed Aug 30 23:37:42 PDT 2006

This is getting pretty far off subject.  Patientez, Jerry, please.  I want
only to admit that I misspelled Trotsky in my last note, and to thank Paul
R. for the link to the Guardian article on Arthur Ransome.  What a complex
fellow he was!  One hardly knows what to think of him, which is probably a
good thing, since most of us make too many judgments about people too often.
He seems naive, but was he?  If you haven't read the piece, I'll repeat the
link:  http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/articles/0,6109,1434209,00.html

Dick B.