[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Kukuswalde

Joe Pessarra joepessarra at suddenlink.net
Mon Dec 11 14:08:47 PST 2006

An Internet search for Kukuswalde gets one hit.  It is in the Preussische
Allgemeine Zeitung, wishing a happy birthday for someone that came from that
town in East Prussia.  It is part of Das Ostpreussenblatt.  Below is the
main site for the publication.  I have an excellent map of old East Prussia,
but it does not have an index..

http://www.ostpreussenblatt.de/

The town appears to be in Kreis Ortelsburg.  Will try to find it on my map,
and see if I can check with the location on a current map.

Well, luckily, I found Kukukswalde on my East Prussia map.  It is a little
northwest of Ortelsburg.  Looks like it has an extra "k" in the name.

ShtetlSeeker at http://www.jewishgen.org/ShtetlSeeker/LocTown.asp shows the
location.  It is now Grzegrzólki, Poland, 99.1 miles N of Warszawa.

Joe in Texas