[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Source Documents

Wilbert and Marilyn Roth wimaroth at peoplepc.com
Thu Dec 14 06:59:25 PST 2006

I have my source documents and various hard copy of records in a multitude of file folders and boxes.  The time has come for me to organize these items for easy reference.  Would someone help me with suggestions and or how they cope with this problem.
____

Just make your floor your largest shelf.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.  I don't have a solution, but I do think you need to keep more than one type of file.

I have three-ring binders with alphabetical files of descendants of a particular set of ancestors.  [This results in some duplication as you get closer to yourself because you descend from all of them.]

I have file cabinets with a file for each ancestor with those pertaining to a married couple in the male's file.

I also have a separate geographic file for maps and items of a geographic nature.  Since my Maryland families often married cousins, I have made several three-ring binders to file alphabetically all of the information from Maryland.

I still have a mess.  Are there more suggestions out there?