[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Ancestry.com immigration records free to Dec. 31st

DrVbuzz at aol.com DrVbuzz at aol.com
Thu Dec 14 16:41:09 PST 2006

Because of Rose sharing this information I was able to quickly find an
ancestor who arrived in New York in May 1888.  I've searched Castle Garden  and
even Ellis Island, even though Ellis Island did not record before  1892.  The
Ship's Manifest of my ancestor states that it is the "District  of the City of
New York, Port of New York."  Was this a separate arrival  port that does not
come under Castle Garden?  I have not seen this in the  past, and wonder if
someone on the list is aware of this other port.