[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Kazimierka Church

Howard Krushel krushelh at telus.net
Sat Dec 30 08:42:07 PST 2006

Thank-you Donna, for the lovely photos; mine are almost identical except
that the yours are so much clearer; I am amazed in looking at my pictures
and then yours, that the interior of the church has not changed at all; all
the furnishings are identical except for the alter cloth; I do have one
additional picture and that is of the thatched-roofed home next to the
church, in which Mrs. Falk resided.
Yes this church or actually Prayer House(the place where the lay minister
would normally hold reading services and to which the official Pastor would
attend perhaps twice a year); yes this Prayer House was definitely a
Lutheran establishment.
The names I recorded were taken from the head stones in the cemetery, but as
I indicated because we were a bit rushed I did not take the time to record
dates and first names.
Which area of North Dakota were you from? It sounds like a lot of the
Germans from Kazimierka moved into your area; that's interesting.
As I suggested to Janice, the LDS microfilmed records of Stawiszyn should
have the records for Kazimierka.
Howard Krushel