[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Schmidt, Walters and Tesmann Families from Ruspolen

g.ruppert at att.net g.ruppert at att.net
Sun Dec 31 17:24:11 PST 2006

The Schmidt and Tesmann families from "Ruspolen" have been major dead-ends in my search for years. I've exhausted all of the usual research options and am now looking for the miraculous!

August SCHMIDT born 12 Dec 1852 in "Ruspolen" immigrated before his wife and family roughly 1885 +/- to Baltimore, MD. His wife, Caroline Pauline WALTERS (variants Wolter/s) arrived in Baltimore on 6 Aug 1889 aboard Muenchen with children Louise 6 y and Marie 3 m. Mother-in-law, Amelia WALTERS arrived in NYC on 13 July 1892 aboard Dresden with her granddaughter 5 yo Martha Schmidt and her two sons Carl and Adolph Walters (Welder on the manifest).

A "cousin" named Matilda Tessmann arrived 26 May 1907 a 21-year female from Lubraniec, Russia of German descent. Another entry for another Matilde Tessman, aged 27 arriving on 7 August 1908 also states birthplace of Lubraniec.

Does anyone have connections to any of these families, or to Lubraniec? Any suggestions for further European research?

It seems like there are lots of clues here, but I've been unsuccessful in making any European connection.

THANKs and HAPPY NEW YEAR 2007!

Gary Ruppert
Baltimore
http://home.att.net/~g.ruppert