[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Polish translation

Karl Krueger dabookk54 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 5 11:24:16 PST 2006

Dear Erik,
  I don't know if anyone replied directly to you but certainly no one has replied via this listserve. Were you intending on paying for their translation services? I know someone who is native Polish and lives in the US now. She could breeze through any Polish documents you have. A little extra cash would come in handy for her. Just email me directly if you need more help. She is in Europe now but will return within February.

  For that matter I also know several native Russians who can deal with handwritten Cyrillic records easily provided the transcriber had his head on straight. Town names are often a bit of a problem which is where familiarity with that region helps pick out the "right town".
  Karl Krueger

Ednadill at aol.com wrote:
  Hi,
Can someone recommend a Polish translator in the US. The person that I
have used in the past has taken another job and has post-phoned his
translating services for the time-being. Two individuals have been recommended to me
from the ATA list, but genealogy is not their specialty.
I have (1) 1819 marriage document from Lipno, that I would like a full
translation on. It is very clearly written.
Also, of possible interest to Jerry. This is the marriage record for
Michael Dill and Elisabeth Schwartzrok that contained the term "Dobracki" in
it. Dobracki looks like a name as you said, not a place.

Regards,

Erik