[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] POLISH DIACRITIC A

Otto otto at schienke.com
Mon Feb 6 18:01:54 PST 2006

> Can some one tell how this is pronounced? -mm
Depending on the letter that follows it, it has either an 'on' or
'om' sound.  -jf

Nasal vowel:
Diacritic 'a' = 'on'     Followed by 'b' or 'p' = 'om'
Sounds like: 'own'               Sounds like: 'om' in 'home'
The sound of 'n' and 'm' is never quite finished.

...  Otto

                      " The Zen moment..." wk. of January 22, 2006