[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Village of Denyse

Earl.Schultz Earl.Schultz at telusplanet.net
Thu Feb 23 13:23:35 PST 2006

Ron, I checked the Ellis Is. record and it does look like Denyse although
the D could be another letter and the n could be a 'u'.  Denyse does not
look like a Polish village.

I then checked my Michalki Parish records and I found a Jan Neuman born in
the same year as your Johann.  Interestingly, he was born in Dzierzno.  Now
the two villages would be pronounced differently but I'm wondering if Denyse
was an attempt to write Dzierzno.  A bit of a stretch but I thought your
should know about my Jan Neuman.  Incidentally his parents were Michal
Neuman and Maria Grapatin and he was born in 1851.

Earl