[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Recipe Measurements

Debbie beektabeek at msn.com
Wed Jan 4 15:39:08 PST 2006

I remember when my sister started to write down recipes while my Grandma was
cooking.  She would stand by with a recipe card and measuring cups and
spoons ready.  When Grandma would say "take a pinch of this and a handful of
that" my sister would have her put her "pinch" and "handful" into a
measuring spoon or cup and write down the approximate equivilant on the
card.

Then we worked from there.  It actually worked pretty well and we were able
to come up with some basics to start with.

Debbie Beick