[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Prussian Army (headed by von Irwing) Records

Paul Rakow rakow at ifh.de
Wed Jan 11 11:28:17 PST 2006

    Rose,

        I have looked several Prussian military registers. In the later
  years they are quite similar to ordinary Protestant church records.
  In the late 1700s you may find lots of baptisms that don't name the mother,
  just the baby's father.

      Check at the end of the book to see if there's a name index. I've
  usually found that at least the baptisms have been indexed in a nice
  clear 20th-century hand, which could speed up your search a lot.

         Paul Rakow
           rakow at ifh.de