[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] shepherds in central Poland

Sue Eipert srlists at eipertinfo.com
Wed Jan 11 21:55:54 PST 2006

I thought it was a curious occupation also, but I got this from:
In Their Words - A Genealogist's Guide Translation Guide to Polish
Documents - which lists the following:

owczarz, owczarza: (m.) shepherd, sheepfarmer (fem. owczarka, owczarki)

'Owczarz' or 'owczarza' is in several records describing one of these
three Kopp men. In some, the handwriting is very clear.

Sue