[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Research in West Prussia

Ednadill at aol.com Ednadill at aol.com
Thu Jan 19 18:39:51 PST 2006

To all,

    I am looking for someone with some  knowledge of West Prussia,
particularly the Thorn area for some advice.  I  have been searching the web for a list
of parishes around Thorn, to no  avail.
    I have ordered all the films for the Thorn  area from the FHL back to
1690's.  These films have provided me with a  wealth of information.  I now
however, need to go back further.   Grebocin and Rogowko were heavily populated
with my Dill family back to the late  1600's as the films show.  I would like to
now spread my search out a bit  to the surrounding parishes to see if I can
prove their migration habits.  There has been no reference to other areas from
these records,  unlike I had when I started in the Lipno area.
    I know the majority of people on this list  are researching mainly in
Poland and Volhynia, but I was hoping that among the  wealth of knowledge that
the people on this list possess, that someone might  have some suggestions.
Thank you all in advance.

Erik Dill