[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Twins in Latin records

Rose Ingram roseingram at shaw.ca
Fri Jan 20 15:21:34 PST 2006

Dick,

alteri = alter in my Latin Word List meaning 'the next, the other"  The
child's name would be Eva Rosalie.
"et' = and  - so you are correct, the child had two names.

Now with twins you will always see Gemilli or Gemillae in the beginning of
the record.

I have found there usually are two different sets of 'paten' for each twin
child.

Rose Ingram

From: "Richard A. Stein" <Sent: Friday, January 20, 2006 2:52 PM