[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] village of walymen

Nancy Gertner nancygertner at mac.com
Sun Jan 22 07:57:21 PST 2006

I think you should consider that Walymen was not a village at all,
but the transcriber's interpretation of what they were told by your
grandfather.

The list was probably not written by your grandfather, so If the
transcriber spoke a different native language than your grandfather,
the spelling could be way off from the village your ancestor was
actually referring to.

Or maybe what grandpa really said was Volhynia, and he didn't provide
any village name.

Nancy