[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Use of Material in Presentation

Jutta Dennerlein Jutta.Dennerlein at t-online.de
Sun Jul 2 06:33:13 PDT 2006

Gilda,

I post my reply to your mail also to this mailing list, since it might be
interesting for more people.

You wrote that you want to use content of the UpstreamVistula.org website
for your presentation. You did not explain what exactly you wanted to use
and in which way (and to which extent).

If you feel competent enough to do a presentation at a Convention where
people have to pay for listening to your speech you certainly have a lot of
interesting and unpublished material as the results of your own research.
The announcement of your presentation for this Convention says that you
already do have this material - so you don't have to use any material
published on the Upstream Vistula website!

The authors of UpstreamVistula.org are investing a lot of time and effort to
contribute carefully researched content to this website. We make all of this
content free available because we want to share it with everybody who is
interested in the history of ethnic Germans in Central Poland. We invest a
lot of time in maintaining the bilingual character of this website to make
it available to as many people as possible. We are also convinced that our
content is already presented in a comprehensive and easy to navigate manner.

So what would be the "added value" of re-publishing or re-presenting content
that is already free accessible for everybody on the internet?

In January I already sent a similar reply to Earl Schultz's request to
publish Upstream Vistula content in the SGGEE Journal - he never answered to
my reply so I assume he agreed with me.

Kind regards
Jutta Dennerlein
www.UpstreamVistula.org