[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Ger-Poland-Volhynia Digest, Vol 38, Issue 6

Richard A. Stein ra_stein at telus.net
Sat Jul 15 15:42:48 PDT 2006

Hi Bruce,

Yes, there are maps showing the German settlements in the Wladimir-Wolynski
area.  A very good one has been compiled by Jerry Frank and is available to
members on the SGGEE website.  It can also be purchased directily from him.
The map shows all of the villages you mentioned located about 10 km east of
Wladimir-Wolynski town.  Kamelowka is probably a spelling variant of your
Kamalouka.

I am interested in your Knull connection.  Is August Knull related to the
four Knull brothers who migrated about 1900 from the same area to Leduc,
Alberta?  If so, please contact me directly as I have quite a bit of
information about the Knulls.  My grandfather's sister Emilie Stein was the
wife of Johann Knull born in Antonowka, a little east of your villages.

Best regards,

Dick Stein
Calgary, Alberta