[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Schattschneider in Posen Province; SCHACHDSCHNEIDER, 1818

Nancy Gertner nancygertner at mac.com
Fri Jun 2 08:34:33 PDT 2006

The church records of Ev Lutheran parish in Schokken (Skoki) in Kreis
Wongrowitz of Posen Province of Prussia

record that Johann SCHACHDSCHNEIDER, aged 22, son of Michael ?

married Anna Rosina, daughter of Christoph?  in  1818.

In 1830, George SCHATT, aged 46, married Susanne Jahns, aged 40.

Perhaps the linguists can deliberate on Johann's occupation, based on
this spelling.

Nancy