[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] [POLAND] Szynkkiclewie?

merschel merschel at ucla.edu
Mon Jun 5 07:59:15 PDT 2006

Dear SGGEE members,

May I please first thank all of you for the
wonderful help in getting me information on
"Szynkkiclewie"?  You are truly awesome!  It
turns out it most likely is a little town close
to Lodz.  After all the traveling I think that
Dennis Benarz and Günther Böhm hit it the
closest.  They most likely were "Zynkielów or
rather like Szynkielew? Both are villages in the
Lodz Wojewodship, the latter, Lask powiat, some
10 km southwest of Lodz city."  My g-grandmother
would probably not have moved too far with the
kids after she lost her husband.  Her last name
was Liebich, so if anyone has heard of that
family being from around there, I would greatly
appreciate any input.

Some people have asked how to pronounce the name
of the town, and if anyone knows that, I would
appreciate some comments, too.

Thank you very much!

Sylvia Merschel