[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Hi

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Wed Jun 7 17:36:26 PDT 2006

At 04:05 PM 07/06/2006, Rose Ingram wrote:
>Ellen
>
>There is a Radom is about 60 miles south of Warsaw.
>http://www.jewishgen.org/ShtetlSeeker/LocTown.asp is a good town locater in
>Poland.
>
>I can't find anything close to Pajankow.  On which kind of documentation did
>you find this place?
>Perhaps is this a misspelling of Pionki which is about 13 miles ENE of
>Radom.  There is a Poniatowa which about 45 miles ESE of Radom or 20 miles
>west of Lublin.
>
>Are you looking for Lutheran or Catholic records.
>
>Rose Ingram
>

> > Would like some information please. Where is Radom and Pajankow and where
> > would I be able to research a birth in Pajankow in 1865.
>Ellen Borowski

Pajankow would be Pajakow where the second "a" has a diacritic hook
given it an "an" sound.  It is located about 15 km E of Zwolen, just
south of the highway to Pulawy at N51/23, E21/48.  This would be
about 45 km E of Radom.

Records might be at Radom but unfortunately none are known to exist
at this time.  However, because of the long distance, I would
consider searching Catholic records, perhaps at Wolka Lagowska,
Zwolen, or Pulawy.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca