[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] word translation

Mike McHenry maurmike1 at verizon.net
Tue Jun 13 06:51:02 PDT 2006

Hi Brenda

I asked this question a while back. Jerry gave me this answer

Alegata are legal announcements of upcoming marriage, along the lines
of "publishing the banns" at a church.  They usually contain as much
if not more family info than the actual marriage record.  It is
possible in some cases that the marriage did not proceed.

                                        Mike