[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] SGGEE Convention Lublin interest group

Perry1121 at aol.com Perry1121 at aol.com
Sun Jun 25 13:13:52 PDT 2006

There is a growing group of SGGEE members whose families settled in the
Lublin, Poland area for as little as a generation around 1860 before  continuing
on to Volhynia, while others remained there until forced out in  1940. Many of
these families suffered the WWI Russian deportations and then  returned to the
Lublin area. Some families emigrated to Canada, USA, countries  in South
America, or to Australia from Russian Poland early in the 20th century,  leaving
family members behind in the Lublin area. Those of us who have been
concentrating our research on the Lublin vicinity west of the Bug River  would welcome a
gathering in the convention research room at a time to be  arranged.

We would also enjoy gathering for supper at a German restaurant on Friday
evening, August 11 to get acquainted and share stories and information about
research. Please indicate that you'd like to join the Lublin group on your
Convention registration and contact me by private email so we have some idea of
how large a group we might have for supper.

Sigrid Pohl Perry, Karl Krueger, Ted Belke et al.
_perry1121 at aol.com_ (mailto:perry1121 at aol.com)