[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Immigration from Canada to USA

Mike McHenry maurmike1 at verizon.net
Mon Jun 26 07:26:52 PDT 2006

I have been trying to find my grand mother in the immigration databases
ellisisland.org, ancestry.com etc for several years with no success. I have
done the searches using soundex and wild cards. What I do know is she, age
19, married my grand father on January 1, 1903 in Bristol, CT and had her
first child on January 17, 1904 in Bristol. She returned to Russian Poland
in 1905 and came back to Connecticut in 1906 this time to New Haven, CT. On
the manifest she says she was in Bristol, CT from 1902 to 1905 in answer to
the question were you ever in the USA. She died in 1918(influenza) hence I
only have her in the US federal census of 1910 with no date. Does anyone
think it's possible or knows of first immigration to Canada and then
Connecticut USA? Her maiden name was Auguste Manzei.

                                        Mike