[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Article in WSJ

Ray Bloch rbloch at columbus.rr.com
Mon Jun 26 19:48:57 PDT 2006

To all members:

June 22, 2006 in the Wall Street Journal, Page D1

Article entitled:  "New Ways to Dig For Your Roots Online"

In the third paragraph it states the following:

"In recent months, FamilySearch.org, a free site sponsored by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints, has been expanding its collection of birth, marriage, death, census and other records.  It has also begun a massive project to digitize billions of records previously avilable only on microfilm, particularly civil, church and local records.  It plans to make those available online beginning early next year."

I thought this might be of interest for those of us who have spent time waiting for microfilms to arrive at our local Family History Centers.  This technology will allow us the ability to scour the records in the Family History Library from our computers at home.

Ray Bloch