[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Immigration from Canada to USA

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Tue Jun 27 08:20:09 PDT 2006

Excellent idea but don't just jump in and do it.  We first need someone who could coordinate the project.

- assign projects to ensure that efforts are not duplicated
- determine what will be extracted (full info or just indexing; complete families or just heads of household; all people or just Russian origin; etc.)
- establish a standard format so that everyone extracts the same thing and reports it in the same way (as a minimum, I would suggest full name, age, country of origin, ship and date of arrival)

I would further suggest that the format be alphabetical by name rather than by date and ship.  It makes for easier browsing of info.

If we had 33 volunteers, one to coordinate and one for each film, we could get the project done this winter.

Jerry Frank