[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Church Records of Latter Day Saints

Jennifer K. Walker jkwalker1968 at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 27 10:04:03 PDT 2006

I have found the records of the Mormon Church/Latter Day Saints to be full
of errors.  I have checked and rechecked much of the information that is
there, and ultimately have concluded that, as far as my research is
concerned, their records are not reliable.

I discussed this with a distant cousin of mine who was also researching our
family, after she converted to the Mormon Church.  She made the point that
new converts MUST research their family in order to become members (in an
effort to pray for all those who have died previously, so that they can be
brought into Heaven.)  As a result many of those who have submitted their
records have done so hastily and without much scrutiny of the records.  It
is these records which are maintained by the church.

Jennifer Walker

Message: 2