[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Hi

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Wed Mar 1 08:33:09 PST 2006

At 07:24 AM 01/03/2006, Rhilscherr at aol.com wrote:
>My name is Chaplain Roger L. Hilscher I want to know about software the cost
>to find  the Huelschers or Hilschers from Russia the Black sea Leipzig
>Bessarbia canda their all relatives scattered all over I trace
>everything to 1795 is
>there any way I can find my Great,Great,Great,Great, Great Gottlieb Huelscher
>somewhere in the the poland Megtach or molvda area maybe around 1700-1750;s
>thank Roger H.

Hi Roger.  I will try to break down your questions into sections and
hope I get it right.

Software:  As a Society we (and many of our members) use Legacy.  The
standard edition is free and very powerful.  You can download it at
http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/

Bessarabia:  You probably know that SGGEE does not directly provide
support for Bessarabian research.  However, we are well aware that
many Bessarabian Germans passed through Russian Poland on their way
there.  If you can provide the details (names and dates) of your 1795
research including a town, parish, or district name, we may be able
to help further.

Megtach:  I am not sure what that term means.  Do you have the
correct spelling?  Is it a town, district, or??

molvda:  Here I assume you might mean Moldavia.  Moldavia is
essentially the equivalent of Bessarabia so we generally cannot offer
help there.  Two good sources for further Bessarabian research, in
case you are not aware of them, are http://www.grhs.org and
http://www,odessa3.org

So, if you can provide some detail and clarification, we may be able
to help further.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca