[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Place Names

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Fri Mar 3 15:26:28 PST 2006

At 03:33 PM 03/03/2006, Christopher Menke wrote:
>Hello Again,
>   Was there a place in Volhynia called Wloclawek? I know there is
> one in Poland, but I saw some Ellis Island entries with Wloclawek,
> Russia listed as place of origin for some possible German
> ancestors. Wondering about same for Wolka, Russia?
>   Thanks,
>   Chris Menke

No Wloclawek in Volhynia that I know of.  Don't forget that what is
now central and eastern Poland was part of Russia prior to WW II so
these places in Poland would be listed as Russia in that time frame.

Wolka is a common place name with at least 4 in Volhynia and 27 in
modern day Poland.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca