[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] German translator

Lorne Bohn lbohn at shaw.ca
Mon Mar 6 16:27:50 PST 2006

I just received a book on stories of the Bohn family.  I was shocked that it has names for members of my family which date as far back as 1656.(Friedrich and Anortha Bohn).  It is written more as a naration rather than as a geneological document but it has helped me to understand the times and the events which were taking place. It was a hard life.

It is written entirely in German which is very limited in my case.  I have to translate everything.  I have noticed a number of list members who have requested information on translating German.  I don't know how many are aware if it but I thought I'd share this translation site.  I have found this software quite useful.  You can translate on line or download the free dictionary.  http://www.quickdic.de/index_e.html

Cheers,

Lorne Bohn