[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Gutglik, Ditman, Potzel in Russian Poland

Jerry Frank GPVListAdmin at sggee.org
Sat Mar 25 09:18:37 PST 2006

We had a request to forward this message to this mailing list because
it appears to be more appropriate to our regions of interest rather
than the one where it was originally posted.  This person is not a
subscriber.  If you can help, please reply directly to her at:

"Samantha" <snorth5 at verizon.net>

Hello Listers:

I'm looking for family connections from: Germany, Poland, Russia.

My mother, Hilda GUTGLIK, b. Aug. 30, 1894, Germany/Poland/Russia
(?)immigrated to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA about 1914. She
married my father in 1915. Since both my parents died before I was 5
years old I don't have many facts. Family lore states that she
entered the USA on a friends passport.

I did find her sister, Christine GUTGLIK, b. Aug. 20, 1898, on the
Ellis Island website.  Her date of arrival in Phila. was August 7,
1922. Port of departure: Hamburg, Germany.  Citizen of: Poland. Place
of birth: Sadolitsch, Poland. Race/Language: German. Last permanent
address: Allenstein, Germany. Mother: Wilhelmina, (nee DITMAN)
GUTGLIK, Platskownica, Poland, (b. about 1874).  Possible siblings:
Emma GUTGLIK and John GUTGLIK, no other information on them.

I believe my great aunt, Elisabeth DITMAN, b. Jan. 28, 1886, was my
grandmothers' sister. I also found her on the Ellis Island website.
Her date of arrival in Phila. was July 25, 1911. Port of departure:
Rotterdam, South Holland, The Netherlands. Citizen of: Russia. Place
of birth: Karotnica, Russia. Race: German. Last permanent address:
Karotnica, Russia. Father: Michael DITMAN, Karotnica, (Siedl),
Russia. Her Application for Social Security Account Number states
that she was born in Poland and her mothers' maiden name was Matilda
POTZEL, born in Poland.

I'd also be interested in any information on Teresa NICENSKA, my
cousin. Her address from 1968 to 1970 was -uL.Ks.Sciegiennego Piotra
3/4, 70-352 Szczecin, Polska, at least from 1968 to 1970.

Would love to hear from anyone with possible connections.

Thanks so much.

Samantha, Tampa, FL, USA

Further note from Jerry:  SGGEE databases include info on a few
GUTGLUCK (with an umlaut on the U, it would sound much like Gutglik)
and lots of DITTMANN.  There are no POTZEL but lots of POTZ.

Jerry Frank - List Administrator for [Ger-Poland-Volhynia]
GPVListAdmin at sggee.org
http://www.sggee.org