[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Payment to Archiwum Panstwowe

Hannes Werner hannes.werner at online.de
Tue Mar 28 05:57:11 PST 2006

Hallo Jerry, you were right !
It was my fault !

Now, here is the original mail @ Joyce, but also everybody on the list:

Hi Joyce,
and also Gary, Michael and Maureen
Hannes Werner from Germany

I just had the same problem with a money-transaction to "Archiwum panstwowe
Lodzi".
First I received a letter from the archive with the right account name (see
above), the right IBAN (but without "PL" at the beginning and the wrong
SWIFT/BIC (BIC had 9 digits).
A phone call to the NBP in Poland didn't help, but my bank had very good
service.

So here is the solution:
Correct account name is:    Archiwum panstwowe m.st. Warszawy (for YOU)
Bank name:   Narodowy Bank Polski
SWIFT/BIC is:  NBPLPLPW    (exactly 8 digits!)
This BIC is always and anywhere in Poland the same for ALL branches of the
NBP !
+
Then follows the IBAN beginning with PL and 26 digits (alltogether exactly
28 !)
+
Don't forget the Use/Purpose and write "Nasz znak (number)".
+
Nearly all state archives in Poland use the NBP. A most useful explanation
for correct data and examples for money-transaction you'll find here:
http://www.nbp.pl/iban_bic.html

My best wishes to everybody on this mailing list
Hannes Werner
(Searching names/regions:
Werner / Schielke;Büch (Bich,Bych,Buch u. a.)/Zachäi
at Kreis Hohensalza / Volhynia / Radom (Mittelpolen)
Feller/Winkler/Czajkowski/Sti(e)bner
at Lodz / Militsch)