[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Kratnzcke - Bahn (Banie) Pomerania

hilary roscoe hilary.roscoe at talk21.com
Tue May 2 15:48:52 PDT 2006

Has anyone ever come across the surname Krantzcke? My g g grandfather was reputed to have come to London from Bahn, Stettin around 1830. His approx. birthdate being 1810. Family lore recalls that he travelled around Europe as a child with his parents and could speak 7 European languages. Obviously quite wealthy upon his arrival in London as he immediately set up business as a Tailor in Belgravia (an affluent part of the city) employing 6 men. I have never however come across any other references to his name other than his uncle Frederick Krantzcke who was also in London around the same period. Incidently his name was John Godfrey (or more likely Johann Gotfried!)

  Hilary Roscoe