[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Rosenfelde, West Prussia

William Remus remus at hawaii.edu
Sun May 7 11:33:24 PDT 2006

From: Jerry Frank <FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca>

The best resource for Prussian place names (including West & East
Prussia, Pomerania, Posen, Silesia - and I think Brandenburg) is
http://www.kartenmeister.com

Dear Christopher

Jerry's link will get you a list of Rosenfeldes and the one you want for West Prussia is in Schlochau. Its modern Polish name is (Rozwory)

For a picture of this village and close up map see
http://www.cba.hawaii.edu/remus/genes/wprussia/rosenfelde/

They would have gone to the Lutheran church in the next village of prutzenwalde (now converted to a catholic church)
http://www.cba.hawaii.edu/remus/genes/wprussia/prutzenwalde/

For more on the life of those in West Prussia (including my family) see
http://www.cba.hawaii.edu/remus/genes/wprussia/

and for who was there in 1772 see
http://www.odessa3.org/search.html
search for Rosenfeld (no e on the end) in the land records.

This village was strongly associated with the Halweg family, a family that had many village heads, major farmers, and krugers (inn keepers) in southern Schlochau.

Regards Bill