[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Birth record translation

Wendy Otness Wendy.Otness at meritcare.com
Mon May 8 14:15:37 PDT 2006

Hi All!
Everyone was so helpful with my previous request for some word
translations, that I am going to ask for a "fluent" translation of the
headings from my great-grandmother's birth registration. I know the
basic gist of the headings, but would like a better version to send on
to my brother and cousin, who speak no German.

"Nummer, Taufname des Kindes, Tauf- und Familiennamen und Confession
der Aeltern. Stand Rang und Gewerbe des Vaters, oder der Mutter oder
desjenigen, der das Kind zur Taufe vorgestrellt hat, Name des Predigers,
von dem die Taufe und des Orts, wo sie vollzogen ist. Tauf- und
Familiennamen, Stand, Rang oder Gewerbe der Pathen."
After this, and under other headings on this registration, there are
numerals preceeded by what looks like 2 capital "S"s but layered on each
other. Can anyone tell me what that might mean?

Thanks again in advance,
Wendy

This e-mail message is intended only for the named recipient(s) above and is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C.  Section 2510-2521.   This e-mail is confidential and may contain information that is privileged, or exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this e-mail message from your computer.