[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] The awful German language

theBs at gmx.de theBs at gmx.de
Tue May 9 05:25:52 PDT 2006

Hi,

I think Annegret explained the sound of the "Umlauts" very well as far as
that is possible at all. The whole conversation about this subject reminded
me of something Mark Twain once wrote when he was staying in Heidelberg. It
has nothing to do with genealogy, but it is fun to read (if you can take the
time) - especially when you speak both, English and German.

http://www.kombu.de/twain-2.htm

Tina