[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Land Inheritance

Nancy Gertner nancygertner at mac.com
Wed May 10 15:41:54 PDT 2006

In Russia, I think it was put into their laws that the land went to
youngest son.

This tradition continued in North America with my family, passing to
the youngest son for two generations anyway.  The elder siblings were
helped by parents with purchasing their own farms, or getting set up
in business.

Nancy