[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Virginia Less-Surname:LESS

Gary Warner gary at warnerengineering.com
Thu May 11 08:39:23 PDT 2006

To all,

I think Reiner proves the point that we cannot be
certain who are relatives are until we link them
to us a name at a time through pedigree charts
and family group sheets.    Many of us do not
know where to look to find our family, except
probably that it is in Poland or Volhynia.   Some
of us have family in those places for several
generations, and some for a far shorter period of time.

These problems of connecting to family are why
SGGEE keeps the master Pedigree file, and has
also undertaken the goal of transcribing all of
the Lutheran parishes in Central Poland to start
with, and to then expand our transcribing to the
more outlying areas when the central work is
done.   It is the transcribing of entire parishes
that finally makes certain who our relatives are
when we see large groups of related families
moving from one area to another.    This is why
we all need to research not only our direct
lines, but those of our aunts and uncles and
cousins as well- so that when we find that same
group of people in a new area, we can say with
certainty that, Yes, that is my family.

Gary Warner
SGGEE