[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Derkes of Drewal/Drwaly, Poland

Rose Ingram roseingram at shaw.ca
Sat May 13 15:07:21 PDT 2006

Michal, good to hear from someone in Poland.

There also is a Drwaly about 5 kilometers west of Wyszogrod, this may be the
place Linda is looking for.  It seems to fit with some of the Derkes names
in the SGGEE database.

Rose Ingram.

From: "Michal J. Marciniak"
Hi Linda,

  A name of Derkes is very rare in Poland. So, probably all Derkes's are
related to each other.

  There is a village of Drwaly located a few miles to NE of Plock in Poland.
I found in a phone directory information on a Derkes from Rempin which is
located a few miles from Drwaly.

  Regards,
  Michal J. Marciniak
  Turek, Poland

LINDA MORRISSEY <lindamorrissey at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
  Hi:

I am a new subscriber to the Society and have been reading all the
correspondence and find it very interesting and informative.

My grandfather, Julius Edward Derkes, was born in Drewal/Drwaly Poland,
April 4, 1876. Does anyone have any information on any other Derkes from
that village? I have been pronouncing the name like "Der kiss", is this the
correct way to say the name or is it like "Der keys"? Also, I have been told
that the name came from Derks. Does anyone know any history of the name?
Thank you very much for any information you can give me.

Linda Morrissey