[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Weisbruch in Pomerania

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Wed May 17 20:40:17 PDT 2006

At 07:38 PM 16/05/2006, dupink at nconnect.net wrote:
>I am hunting for a very small village of WEISBRUCH - think that is
>the correct spelling. My grandmother listed WEISBRUCH from Pommern.
>They cannot find Weisbruch in Pommern so wonder if it had a name change -
>or possibly in Germany along the border.  I think she said it was a
>hunting village - but I am not sure.
>
>Also need information on Flatow.  I believe it is in Germany.  I have been
>hunting for Platov but thought I would check out Flatow - just in case.
>Are birth records available for Flatow for 1851-52???  Thanks for any
>help.   Shirley L. Pankratz  dupink at nconnect.net.

Shirley,

http://www.kartenmeister.com gives 4 results for Weissbruch in
Prussia but none of them are in former Pomerania.    I can find no
other listings for a similar place name anywhere.

Pomeranian records pre1870 are very difficult to find.  For further
help with this region, I would suggest one of the Pomeranian groups
that you can find associated with FEEFHS at http://www.feefhs.org

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca