[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] villages to locate

Karl Krueger dabookk54 at yahoo.com
Mon May 22 20:18:57 PDT 2006

Rita,
  Rose has indicated exactly the towns you are looking for. Komorowo is found on SGGEE Poland map J a bit north east of Babiak but south of Izbica. All of these places are a little south of Wloclawek. The German name for Wloclawek is Leslau which you will see referred to on your EWZ documents after they resettled.

  Sure enough, your parents/grandparents were much farther east so they had so much further to go to escape the oncoming Russians in 1945, which apparently they didn't make it far enough. By comparison, my family was west of Poznan (which you don't even see on the SGGEE map) and they were able to make it out to true German territory.
  Karl

Rose Ingram <roseingram at shaw.ca> wrote:
  Rita,

You will find some of these places in the Maps section on the SGGEE website,
in the members only area.

Zgierz and Pabianice are close to Lodz city.
Dembianki may be Debniaki (Dembniaki) close to the town of Kowal-south of
Wloclawek.
Czamanin is about 8 miles north of Babiak Town or 7 miles SW of Lubraniec.
Not sure about Komorowo - may the place close to Lipno town.
Hohensalza is Inowroclaw.
I don't know about the last place you mention.

You can also use the http://www.jewishgen.org/ShtetlSeeker/LocTown.asp

Rose Ingram