[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Database - Wollner

Rose Ingram roseingram at shaw.ca
Fri May 26 12:47:22 PDT 2006

Michael,

It is possible that one of the (birth or) marriage records of Ignaz's
children might have shown his name as Ignaz Christian - and subseqently
added to his name - but may be incorrect.

It seems the Lodz Katholic records do not give place of birth, similar to
other Katholic records.   Have you located Ignaz's death record, this may
show is birth place.

Rose Ingram

From: "Michael Stockhausen"  - Thursday, May 25, 2006 1:14 PM

I searched the SGGEE database for Wollner/Wolner and found a number of
entries on Ignaz Wollner´s children and grandchildren.
I was quite surprised to read that Ignaz´s complete name allegedly was Ignaz
CHRISTIAN Wollner.
I have copies of almost all of the entries in the Zgierz ev. church records,
but in none of these his name is Ignaz Christian.

In his marriage record (in Lodz kath.) his name is stated as Franz Ignaz.

Does anyone have an explanation?
Does anyone know where the family orignally came from?

Michael Stockhausen