[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Database - Wollner

Michael Stockhausen michael.stockhausen.ff at web.de
Fri May 26 13:57:29 PDT 2006

Rose,

His marriage record in Lodz kath. does, in fact, tell where he was baptized:
in Mileszki. His death record in Zgierz ev gives the information that he was
born in Chojny. This is probably not a contradiction, as I heard somewhere
that Chojny belonged to Mileszki kath. Unfortunately, I have not been able
to find the church records of Mileszki kath. for 1805.

I even have his parents´ death records (Zgierz ev), but neither of them
contains any information on their places of origin. Their names were Johann
Georg Wollner and Anna Maria née Gramlich.

The family lived in Chojny (Ignaz´s birth), then in Jagodnica (marriage)
near Konstantynow and from the 1830s onward in Zabieniec.
I do not know of any relatives.

Franz and Ignaz sound like "catholic names" to me, and Wollner like a name
from the Southern part of Germany. I know there were Wollner families in
Bohemia . This would make sense, because a number of settlers in Lodz
orignially came from that area, but as far as I know, they all arrived a lot
later than 1805. One of Ignaz´s daughter married someone from Aussig, but
this is of course just a very minor hint.

Does anyone know anything about any families from Chojny (prior to 1820),
especially their origin?

Michael Stockhausen