[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] EWZ Records

DAVID B OBEE daveobee at shaw.ca
Fri May 26 20:02:49 PDT 2006

If there is any chance that he will be in the EWZ, you should check it out. None of the indexes are complete. The fact that his brother is there should give you some hope, and the fact that his brother is in a film sorted numerically rather than alphabetically should increase that hope. (If the brother was in one of the films that are in alphabetic order, then one you think that everyone with that surname would have been indexed.)

Bear in mind that the forms used for Latvians were early in the process, so did not ask for as much information as the later forms. That said, I would still pursue it, because an EWZ entry can add so much to our research. Until those indexes are absolutely complete, never assume that you won't find what you're looking for.

Dave Obee