[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Surnames Klein and Strauch in Poland and Volhynia

Barbara Cooper bdaelick at hotmail.com
Sun May 28 21:06:10 PDT 2006

Hello!

This is such a wonderful knowledgeable list I am hoping someone can help me find information on my Great Great Great Grandparents.  I am searching for information on Gottlieb Klein born 2 June 1842 in Palichow, Poland and his wife Christina Barbara Strauch born 12 December 1840 in Golanko, Poland.  This information comes from a copy of their marriage certificate which states they were married 14 June 1862 in Kirche Wischegrad.  They had 7 children, twins Eva (who married Kalenik Daelick) and Christina (who married Julius Friske) born 24 December 1864, Christian (married Caroline Friar) born 11 June 1868, George Adam(married Emilie Kuhler or Kiehler) born 21 December 1870, Pauline (married Jacob Becker) born 10 October 1873, Johann (married Melida Kuehn) born 15 June 1875, and Freidrich Wilhelm (married Augusta Kuehn) born 22 October 1881.  I have found Freidrich's birth in the St. Petersburg Volhynia files which states he was born in Alexandria and family information says Johann was born in Warsaw so I presume they made the move from Poland to Volhynia sometime between 1875 and 1881. I have also found a Daniel Klein born to Gottlieb Klein and Christine Streich in the St. Petersberg database and wonder if this is also them.  All of the children except Friedrich were married in Volhynia prior to immigrating to Saskatchewan with a stop in North Dakota.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
Barbara Cooper
Martensville, Saskatchewan, Canada