[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] PLATTDEUTSCHER CLUB

Mike McHenry maurmike1 at verizon.net
Tue May 30 12:20:08 PDT 2006

About a month ago the list had a discussion about German dialects. My German
grand parents lived in Hoboken, New Jersey from 1910 to 1920. This town was
a German immigrant strong hold. For those who don't where it is located in
the USA it is across the Hudson River from New York City. In going through
city directories of the time I came across a number of German clubs. One was
called the "Eastern Plattdeutscher Club". From the previous discussion I
thought Plattdeutsch referred to a German dialect. Can anyone tell me what
this inferred about the club?

                                        Mike