[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] PLATTDEUTSCHER CLUB and common origins

Nancy Gertner nancygertner at mac.com
Tue May 30 16:46:40 PDT 2006

I wouldn't bet on the members having immigrated from same origin,
though they could have, since most migrations involved groups.

Finding member rolls and comparing with church records of place of
origin would certainly be interesting.

The township where I grew up had several distinct origins for the
homesteaders, who apparently all had Plattdeutsch as a common dialect.

They included Swiss Mennonites from Galicia, and German Lutherans
from Russia (Black Sea area) and Prussia - Kreis Wongrowitz of
Posen.  Some came to Minnesota via Wisconsin and Nebraska.

Nancy