[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Meding / Gretsinger - Volhynia to Canada

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Wed Nov 1 16:09:03 PST 2006

The following message was posted on a Rootsweb board.  If you can help with the Meding / Gretsinger connection to Canada, please respond personally to Oleg using the email address near the bottom.  He appears to be fluent in English.  I have already referred him to St. Pete database info.

---------------------------------

My name is Oleg Dzyuba. I am 34. I live in Ukraine, Luhansk region, Krasnodon.

I am writing to get some assistance and help in the search of descendants of Mary Meding,
born Gretsinger in Bausk of Kurland province, nowadays Latvia, in the family of Johann Gretsinger.

Mary Meding's brother, Julius Johann Gretsinger, was born 26 December, 1881 in Bausk of Kurland
province (Russia). He was shot dead by Bolsheviks on Javkino station for his refusal not to join the
Red Army in 1919.

Mary Meding, living in the village Noimanovka, Zhitomir region (Ukraine) together with her husband
left for Canada in 1921, where she bought the land and farmed. From her only letter, received by my
grandmother Efrosinia Kazimirovna Gretsinger, it is known that the youngest Mary's daughter died on
the steamship during their crossing the Atlanic Ocean. Mary Meding and her family were pleased with
the immigration. The contact of my mother's aunt Tamara Julievna Gretsinger with Mary Meding's was
lost because of the repressions' threat for communication with abroad.

The grandson of Julius Johann Gretsinger, Igor Gretsinger is also in search.

Here is the family-tree of Johann Gretsinger

Johann Gretsinger:
Julius Mary
+ Efrosinia: + Mr. Meding:
______________ _______________
Tamara 6 children (?)
+ Foma
___________ _______ ?
Seva Igor
+Nina +Joanna ?
_____ __________ ______
Iriny Oleg Dzyuba Anna
+Vasiliy +Helen
Seva Marina

Would you kindly tell me on this address if you know anything about the destiny of Mary Meding and
her descendants or suggest me a service or authority where we can apply for help. If you know people
with the surname Meding or Gretsinger, please let me know.
Thank you in advance.
Best regards,
Oleg Dzyuba!

e-mal: oleg.dzyuba at mail.ru